Each year, the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County offers a scholarship of $1,000 to an outstanding high school senior or seniors planning to pursue studies related to environmental science, conservation or related field.
The following criteria will be used to choose the winner of the scholarship:
- A resident of McHenry County
- Volunteer work in the areas of environment/conservation and related organizations/sponsors
- Two letters of recommendation, with one being from a high school teacher
- Recent high school transcript
- A formatted essay on student’s goals and aspirations in regard to the environment and plans for future study
Applicants cannot be a relative of an Environmental Defenders’ board member or staff.
A completed application packet—application form, transcript, essay, and two letters of recommendation— must be received at the Environmental Defenders’ office, 110 S. Johnson Street, Suite 106, Woodstock, IL 60098 by due date to be announced each year.