APRIL 17, EARTH DAY CELEBRATION!
Earth Day Celebration
Join us in celebrating Earth Day in McHenry County! 2112 Behan Road, Crystal Lake, NOON to 4!
- Exhibitors, guided hikes, activities, and take home crafts.
- Georgia Rae Family Band at 12:30 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.
- Bring a picnic lunch and eat outside while enjoying the view!
- Household Recycling Drop Off – A variety of items accepted including electronics, CDs/DVDs/cassettes, fiber/textiles/shoes, batteries, fluorescent tubes and polystyrene foam. Details and fees for recycling items are as follows:
- Batteries are $1.00 per pound. Car and marine batteries are taken for free
- Fluorescent lights: single bulbs $.50 each, 4 foot $.50, 8 foot $1.00. Incandescent bulbs can be recycled in normal recycle stream
Televisions/monitors are $1.00 per pound. Maximum of $85 PER item
Styrofoam taken for free; must be clean. All colors takenPacking peanuts taken for free. Must be in separate bag or boxAll other electronics taken for free. If it plugs in or runs on batteries it’s considered electronicsTextiles and shoes taken for freeCD’s and DVD’s taken for free including their casesVHS tapes and cassettes are no longer being accepted.Election signs and their posts taken for free
The is a free event for all ages. Children ages 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Participants ages 2 and up must wear face covers. Please practice social distancing.
In order to protect all living things, the Environmental Defenders is dedicated to the preservation and improvement of the natural environment in McHenry County. As a grass roots organization, we are committed to building sound ecological relationships between people and the natural world that supports all life.
We are a member based organization.
Please join us as a member and/or volunteer to help us advocate for a healthy environment and enjoy what we protect, together.