In April of each year, the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County offers an Entering College scholarship for $1,000 to an outstanding high school senior planning to pursue a career directly related to environmental science or preservation.
In 2016, we offered two scholarships!
Stay tuned for 2017 info.
The following criteria will be used to choose the winner of the scholarship:
- A resident of McHenry County who is attending high school in the county
- Volunteer work/service for an environmental organization
- Two letters of recommendation, with one being from a teacher
- Grade point average from high school transcript
- An essay on your goals and aspirations in regard to the environment
Applicants cannot be a relative of a Defenders board member or staff.
A completed application packet—application form, transcript, essay, and two letters— must be received at the Defenders’ office, 110 S Johnson Street, Suite 106, Woodstock, IL 60098-3259 by April 15, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact us.