In April of each year, the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County offers an Entering College scholarship for $1,000 to an outstanding high school senior planning to pursue a career directly related to environmental science or preservation.
The following criteria will be used to choose the winner of the scholarship:
- A resident of McHenry County who is attending high school in the county
- Volunteer work/service for an environmental organization
- Two letters of recommendation, with one being from a teacher
- Grade point average from high school transcript
- An essay on your goals and aspirations in regard to the environment
Applicants cannot be a relative of an Environmental Defenders board member or staff.
A completed application packet—application form, transcript, essay, and two letters— must be received at the Defenders’ office, 110 S Johnson Street, Suite 106, Woodstock, IL 60098-3259 by by due date to be announced each year.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact us.