Each year, the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County offers a scholarship of $1,000 to an outstanding high school senior or seniors planning to pursue studies related to environmental science, conservation or related field.
The following criteria will be used to choose the winner of the scholarship:
- A resident of McHenry County who is attending high school in the county
- Volunteer work/service for an environmental organization
- Two letters of recommendation, with one being from a teacher
- Grade point average from high school transcript
- An essay on your goals and aspirations in regard to the environment
Applicants cannot be a relative of an Environmental Defenders board member or staff.
A completed application packet—application form, transcript, essay, and two letters— must be received at the Defenders’ office, 110 S Johnson Street, Suite 106, Woodstock, IL 60098-3259 by by due date to be announced each year.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact us.