ANNUAL MEETING AUCTION AND RAFFLE IS NOW LIVE!!
The First Ever Online Auction for the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County!
|You can also scan this QR code below with your cell phone’s camera to be taken straight to the Silent Auction website!|
We are trying something new to us this year. Instead of the usual Silent Auction at the Defenders Annual Meeting where only those present can bid, we are holding our auction Online and keeping it open for a longer period of time. This way even if you are not able to attend the Virtual Annual meeting via HopIn on March 14th, you can still bid on any of the fabulous, donated items and services from our members or participate in the 50/50 cash raffle.
The auction starts on Monday March 8th, 2021 at noon and ends on Sunday March 14th at 8 pm after the end of the Annual Meeting.
Some key changes were required to make this happen online instead of in person:
- All bidders/donors must register a credit card in order to place a bid or donate for chances on the 50/50 cash raffle.
- A 3.5% credit card handling fee will automatically be added to your total upon checkout.
- The auction can be viewed on computer, tablet or smart phone using the links/QR codes provided.
- You will be notified by text if you are outbid on an item (text message costs will apply).
- If you win an item(s), it (they) must be picked up at the Defenders Office (110 S Johnson Street, Woodstock) by Friday March 26, 2021 (M-F between 10 am and 4 pm) unless stated otherwise on the auction item description (i.e. meat, plants, specific services, etc where other arrangements will be made).
In addition to the silent auction items, if you do not find something to your liking, you may participate in the 50/50 Raffle by using the “Donate” key. Every $5 donation gets you one chance ($25 gets you 6 chances) to win 50% of the total cash donations made during the term of the auction (this does not include bids made for silent auction items). Winner will be drawn on the morning of Monday, March 15, 2021 at the Defenders Office and will be notified by phone. The total amount donated and the Winner’s name will be posted on the Defender’s website as soon as the winner has been contacted directly.
If you have any technical questions, you can call Anne Basten at 815.382.7741 or Sue Jensen at 847.338.3708 or try the Defenders office at 815.338.0393.