Environmental Defenders Create Our Version of The Beatles’ “Abbey Road” album cover! (L-R: Carina Vowels, Barb Day, Lindsey DiCello, Cynthia Kanner) Thanks to Ashley Plaza for taking the photo!
SAVE THE DATE: January 26 slideshow on Paddling Heritage Waters at Woodstock Square Mall.
April 22 is The Human Race. Registration is going on NOW – choose Environmental Defenders as your charity and help us continue to preserve and protect the environment! #humanrace.
Environmental Defenders and The Human Race
“Get Your Hero On!”
|The Environmental Defenders is joining The McHenry County Human Race! When you register to run, half of your registration is donated to us when you pick Environmental Defenders as your charity! And, if you make additional donations or create your very own fundraising page, 100% of those donations go to The Environmental Defenders! And, you can run on your own, join a team or create your own team. So, GET YOUR HERO ON and run for YOUR ENVIRONMENT! (Do you have friends or family who live far away? They can participate, too, as a virtual runner!)To register, please go to www.mchumanrace.org.
Theme: GET YOUR HERO ON –
- $35.00 January 1 to March 31
- $40.00 April 1 to April 18
- $15.00 Kids under 10 years old (coupons do not apply to this age group)
- Special pricing for virtual racers
- $45 Bib and T-shirt Pick-up – April 21, 11AM to 2PM at MCC
- $45.00 Day of April 22 from 6:30 to 7:30AM
Cash Prizes – Volunteer Center provides a total of $2,400 in cash prizes to participating charities Invite others to the race – help win charities these prizes:
- MCHENRY COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION AWARD $600! Second prize $250 – Charity with most race participants
- GENERAL KINEMATICS AWARD $400: To the top fundraising organization
- To be named soon! $400: The top fundraising individual will choose which the organization will receive the $400.00
- Social Media Award $200: For charities only, this winner is based on social media activity Use #HumanRace
- “RACE DAY” PICTURE AWARD $200: The winning individual chooses which charity will win the prize money. (charities cannot submit)
- BEST-DRESSED HERO AT PACKET PICK-UP AWARD $150: The winning individual chooses which charity will win the prize money.
- GENERAL KINEMATICS CHARITY CREATIVE RACE DAY PICTURE OF HEROES AWARD $100: Only charities can submit for this prize
- $100 BIGGEST TEAM AWARD: The Team (Not led by a charity) will choose which charity receives this award money
The race will be held at:
Sponsored by Volunteer Center McHenry County.