Volunteers are always needed and appreciated! Check the SignUp link below or contact the office if you can help.
- Natural Area Restoration – Happens monthly and weekly in different project areas. Send us an email to be included on the contact list or check our website calendar for location details.
- Recycling Drives – Help at our monthly drives is always appreciated. We can also use help processing audio tapes (video of Ken demonstrating the technique – click here: http://youtu.be/ZnzhC01NNzo) & sorting packing peanuts. (this can be done at Ken’s warehouse in Elgin, at home, or at the office.)
- Book/Garage Sale help – May, July, September, October, and other times throughout the year.
- Green Spot Resale – We can always use volunteers to help sort and price book donations, Mondays – Saturdays, anytime between 11am-4pm. Sales help is needed as well.
- Speakers Bureau – we often get calls from groups looking for someone to do a presentation for them. If you enjoy public speaking, let us know the topics you can cover, and we’ll add you to our list.
- County Fair ticketing – Early August.
- Holiday Bakers – November & December
- Christmas Tree Farm helpers – November & December
- Phone person wanted. Anytime we need volunteers for an event, we do a lot of calling, and can use help. You can do this from your home or at the Defenders’ office – we’ll provide a script with all the information you’ll need.
Volunteers needed for specific events, such as book sales, garage sales, county fair, etc., are often listed here:
Contact the office – and Thank You for your help!