Volunteers are always needed and appreciated! Check the SignUp link below or contact the office if you can help.
- Natural Area Restoration – 4th Sunday of the month at Sterne’s Woods & Fen in Crystal Lake. Tues/Sat hours at Wingate Prairie. Send us an email to be included on the contact list or check our website calendar for location details.
- Book/Garage Sale help – May, July, September, October, and other times throughout the year.
- The Green Spot Reused Books & Gift Store – Woodstock. Volunteers help sort and price book donations, Mondays – Saturdays, anytime between 11am-4pm. Sales help is needed as well.
- The Green Read Reused Books & Sustainable Gifts – Crystal Lake. Volunteers work shifts at our newest location Mondays through Saturdays. We are looking for help on Sundays as well!
- Speakers Bureau – we often get calls from groups looking for someone to do a presentation for them. If you enjoy public speaking, let us know the topics you can cover, and we’ll add you to our list.
- County Fair ticketing – Early August.
- Holiday Bakers – November & December
- Christmas Tree Farm helpers – November & December
- Our seven committees are always looking for new members and volunteers! Water & Natural Resources Protection; Transportation; Single-Use Plastic Reduction; Waste Reduction & Recycling; Education; Fundraising; and Membership.
Volunteers needed for specific events, such as book sales, garage sales, county fair, etc., are often listed here:
Contact the office – and Thank You for your help!