You can make a donation right now through PayPal or mail a check before the end of the year to:EDMC 110 S Johnson St, Ste 106 Woodstock IL 60098
Greetings to all of you! Whether you have been with us for decades, years or are new to our organization, know that each & every one of you is an essential part of the work & successes of the Environmental Defenders of McHenry County. You are the energy & force that keeps our organization going! Thank you for all that you do.
As members & volunteers, you commit daily to protecting & preserving our natural world & educating our community about the value of a healthy environment. Because of that commitment, we have an influential voice out there in McHenry County. To take advantage of this, we have been busy growing & changing to make our efforts more impactful. In addition to the annual events that we do such as our Earth Day Celebration, documentary screenings, County Fair booth, It’s Our River Day, fundraising & member events, & many more, we have some big accomplishments to highlight. We ask for your continued support through an end-of-the-year gift to help us keep building on these accomplishments.
- Recycling: We organized drives around the county keeping tens of thousands of pounds of waste out of the landfills, including electronics.
- Water & Natural Resources Protection: We planted hundreds of plants for monarchs & other pollinators this year at four sites in the county. We also advocated for a Water Resources Specialist position at the County level & educated our governmental bodies about the dangers of coal tar sealants.
- Styrofoam Recycling Project: The technology for Styrofoam recycling changed quickly, so our efforts had to shift quickly as well. We began a crowd sourcing program to raise money to continue our successful Styrofoam recycling project.
- The Green Spot: Our little store has done big things this year, collecting & reselling books to raise thousands of dollars to help keep our lights on & computers humming to make sure we can communicate our work to you & the public.
- BYOBag: Our efforts to reduce the use of plastic bags has gone big too, helping 20 municipalities & the county spread the word about not using paper or plastic when shopping, & helping the City of Woodstock to celebrate BYOB for a whole year!
- Strategic Planning: This year we wrote a 3-year Strategic Plan that includes the hiring of a Part-Time Executive Director. This is a big step for our organization, as it will allow us to have someone specifically designated for public outreach.
As you plan for your year-end giving, please consider a generous donation to the Defenders. We are asking for your financial help to move us along in our goals. Please let your dollars follow your heart!
And to keep abreast of all that your donation is accomplishing, please “Like” us on Facebook, read our quarterly newsletter – “EarthConnect”, check out our eNews in your inbox every Wednesday, & visit our website at www.mcdef.org!